The department mission is to provide students quality education and exposure to cutting-edge research opportunities in Computer Science, Information Technology and Software Engineering. We are committed to provide career oriented and intellectual endeavors of the highest international standards that contribute to the development of globally competitive economies, both regionally and nationally.
The program mission is to enable graduate and post-graduate students to enhance their educational and professional skills while using emerging technologies in Computer Science industry. The aim is to provide effective environment where they can improve their knowledge, communication and interpersonal skills that help them solving complex real-world problems in computing. The students will be able to use latest software tools to flourish their computing and software engineering skills leading them towards their professional careers.
The department objective is to:
- Constantly updating our curriculum to incorporate novelty and innovations in ever-changing CS and IT technology.
- Hiring and nurturing outstanding and energetic faculty members to strengthen the existing expertise and to lead the university in the emerging research areas of the discipline in the 21st Century.
- Maintain high-level selectivity in graduate and post graduate programs by choosing students with the potential to be leaders in the fields through their academic achievements.
- Attracting the best undergraduate students, while continuously updating the undergraduate and graduate programs with the latest advancements in the field.
The program is designed to provide a solid foundation for the learning computing, IT and Software Engineering education. The aim is to equip students with essential acquaintance for critical thinking, problem solving and other research and development (R&D) activities. The program is designed to achieve the following main objectives:
Objective No. 1: Educational Objective
- To give the fundamental and basic education of computer science and computing theory. The objective is;
- To educate under-graduate and post-graduate students how to apply the principles of computer science, Information Technology and Software Engineering to solve real-world problems appropriate to the discipline.
- To provide substantial and deep understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science.
- To teach students lifelong learning skills, those allow them to successfully adopt to evolving and changing technologies throughout their professional careers.
- To teach students effective teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills that enable them to work with others effectively in their professional careers.
Objective No. 2: Basics of Programming and software engineering
- To apply a variety of fundamental algorithm design techniques to computational problems.
- To assess relative time and space complexities of algorithmic solutions and find the sources of possible improvement.
- To teach students about computer programming and prepare them to use state-of-the-art technologies in programming and software engineering.
- To prepare students for employment and advanced studies, and provide them with significant experiences in complex software development for real-world problems
Objective No. 3: Research and Development
- Establish and prepare students as practicing professionals or engage in advanced study.
- To continue to pursue a high level of research productivity.
- To assume leadership in our research areas of excellence.
- To provide an ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice;
- To provide an ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- To provide an ability to clearly communicate technical concepts both orally and in writing.
Objective No. 4: Worlds economy and society
- To enable the students to demonstrate understanding of the importance of social and ethical issues related to the profession.
- To provide an ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal;
- To impart understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities;
- To continue pursuing leadership in professional societies.
- To proactively engage with governmental and civic organizations, NGOs, and non-profits toward societal benefits.
- To enable its students to have the ability to work effectively as an individual and/or team member in an ever charging professional environment.